Senior caregiving is a heavy responsibility, physically, emotionally, and financially. So saving time, energy, and money is always a priority. Here are 7 reasons to add vinegar to the list of products that make your life easier.
- Exposing your loved one to harsh commercial cleaning agents might seem inevitable. However, making a 2:1 water and vinegar solution can give you a natural, bacterial-fighting, alternative.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables always arrive with pesticide residue. Just one tablespoon of white vinegar for each cup of water is a great way to rinse your senior's favorite produce.
- For countless years, apple cider vinegar has been a popular way to treat sore throats. Be careful to dilute with water though before it is used for gargling.
- It is debatable whether the refrigerator or the dishwasher is more difficult to clean. But white vinegar is great for both. For the fridge, mix it with water before wiping. For the dishwasher, run a complete cycle with one cup of vinegar added.
- Apple cider vinegar mixed with water can be used as a mouthwash. Not only does it kill bacteria, it can help to whiten teeth.
- When it comes to laundry, adding a half cup of vinegar to the wash cycle can reduce static cling and deter dryer lint.
- Carpet stains can glare at you for months or years. After testing a not so visible portion of the carpet, try using a paste of two tablespoons of white vinegar and 1/4 cup of baking soda to remove pesky stains. Rub it into the carpet and vacuum the residue in the morning.
These are just a few of the many incredible uses of vinegar. No doubt, you will discover many more.
At Caring Senior Service, our expert staff is comprised of extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and trusted professionals who take pride in helping your loved one manage their daily activities. Contact us today to learn more!